From February 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter), we are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Science Technician to support the Science Department in their delivery of the Science curriculum from Yr7 to Yr13. The Science Department consists of six members of staff and the Science Technician will work alongside the Heads of Science on a day-to-day basis to provide support to the team.
We are looking for someone who has:
• A strong work ethic and a passion for Science.
• The ability to conduct tasks quickly with a keen eye for detail.
• Experience of setting up equipment in a laboratory environment for practical lessons.
• An excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
NB: Previous experience of working in a school laboratory would be advantageous but not essential.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Preparation of materials for science lessons and equipment for practical sessions;
• Maintenance of science equipment.
• Storage and disposal of chemicals and resources (in line with Health & Safety regulations).
• Maintaining a safe and organised prep room.
• Assisting with demonstrations in conjunction with science teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a world class setting. If you share our vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: Friday 20th December
Newton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.